With a current working capacity of 140,000 ton, project MOSA19’s aim is to reach 220,000 tons in 2021
The quality assurance department provides support and works alongside the other company areas:
- The Quality Assurance department controls and analyses everything from the raw material (barley) to the final product (malt) in the framework of the EBC (European Brewery Convention) official regulations. Daily batches as well as the malt to be dispatched are carefully analyzed in order to ensure that clients’ specifications are fulfilled.
- Production is supported through the pilot-scale micro-malting of samples (500g to 2kg).
MALTING BARLEY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Micro-malting analysis of barley genotypes under evaluation, in order to assess their potential introduction as spring malting barley varieties in MOSA.
- MOSA runs its own micro-malting plant that enables the company to develop a pilot scale industrial process. This plant allows malting samples from 220g or 110g of barley, according to requirements.
- Teaming up with the agricultural area with the aim of obtaining raw material suitable for malting.
- Controlling and supervising barley’s delivery and preparation during its harvest period.
- Setting up a full analysis laboratory in each harvest point of Uruguay’s departments.